The snowflakes are sure trying hard to find their way into December and with little luck it seems. But not to worry...we have so much fun lined up for you this month at Artsy that you will simply FEEL the Holidays. Honestly, you will! If you're one of those last-minute shoppers or gift-makers, we can totally hook you up. Check out all the amazing surprises a few of our instructors have designed for you to "WOW" your special gift-recipients! Don't wait, get on the phone today to get signed up for your favorites. Plus, we had so much fun with our Holiday Open House last month that we're doing it AGAIN on December 17th! Spread the word to all your friends who shop and have home based businesses that sell products. We feel compelled to help all those panicking folks out there actually finish their shopping a week before Christmas! Details for shoppers and vendors are below. We can't wait to see you this month at Artsy!
NORTHWOOD SNOWMAN CARD: This adorable snowman stamp and Tombow faux water color technique creates a perfect Holiday card. Bring your basic kit to class. With Marsha on Thursday, 12/1 from 2-4pm. $8 (LIMIT OF 6)
CERAMIC TILE CARD: What a creative use for an everyday kind of item! Bring your basic kit to class. With Doug on Saturday, 12/3 from 10:30am-Noon. $10
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION TIME: This time of year, we simply can’t help but reflect on those special friendships we have grown to love and count on. That said, we are planning a Customer Appreciation Event at Artsy from December 3-18 and we hope you’ll stop in and feel appreciated! Patsy promises to appreciate you for the entire time you are in the building (heehee!!)! All you have to do is tell us you feel appreciated and you’ll get to decorate a ceramic ornament with alcohol inks to enjoy at home…and remind you how appreciated you are. Please note that this offer is limited to stock on hand. Saturday, 12/3 thru Sunday 12/18. FREE!
ELIZABETH CRAFT CHRISTMAS CARDS: Enjoy these holiday creations using several of the newest dies by Elizabeth Craft! Bring your basic kit to class. With Denise on Sunday, 12/4 from Noon-3pm. 3/$15
A QUILLED CHRISTMAS: You will learn this centuries-old Italian & French art technique called quilling to create beautiful holiday cards. Bring your basic kit (and quilling kit if you have one) to class. With Nancy on Tuesday, 12/6 from 11-1pm. $9
TEA BAG CLUB: The fold of the month is Spiraling Star. This month we will be making two Diagonal Gate fold Cards. The class kits will be Graphic 45 Candy Cane Wishes, Graphic 45 Bells & Bows, Teabag tiles by Derek. Please bring your score pal, paper cutter, and basic kit to class. With Donna on Wednesday, 12/7 from 2-4pm. $10
G45 ST NICK 3D: Just in the “nick of time”!!!! This Graphic 45 Christmas paper is a favorite and you’ll simply fall in love with its nostalgic imagery. This type of dimensional layering is so unique, but it’s also a tad bit addictive. It’s a stunning technique that you’ll enjoy learning and utilizing for a long time! Bring your basic kit to class. With Julia on Saturday, 12/10 from 10am-Noon. $12 (or $8 for repeaters)
ST NICK COLLECTION: 7 CLASSES IN ALL!!! HO! HO! HO! Grace has out-done herself this month!!! Truly. She has assembled this impressive St Nick Collection to completely immerse you in all that is Christmas and she can’t wait to share it with you! There are 7 classes total in this collection and YOU can select which ones you’d like individually (descriptions below) OR you can select all classes in Collection A, Collection B, or the FULL collection and do them ALL over a two day timeframe. WooHoo! Read the descriptions below and get registered soon…this one’s sure to fill up fast regardless of busy December schedules! Bring your basic kit to all classes. With Grace on Saturday, 12/10 from 10am-4pm AND/OR Sunday, 12/11from 11am-4pm.
- Individual Classes in this Collection: See below for pricing.
- Collection A = All Saturday Classes $50 (4 projects)
- Collection B = All Sunday Classes $50 (3 projects)
- Full Collection = All 7 projects on both days $95
1) St. Nick Easel Card: This is an over-sized card/home decor piece with St. Nick surrounded with sparkly snowflakes. It has a flap that lifts up to reveal a large space for a large family Christmas photo or several photos. It can easily be flattened for storage. The kit includes a pre-made bow. Bring your basic kit to class. With Grace on Saturday, 12/10 from 10-10:45am. $10
2) St. Nick's Castle – Double Tri-fold: You'll feel like you're visiting St. Nick's wintry castle with this project. It is an expandable piece that can fit within a 14"x24" area. There is a center flap that lifts up and a lower flap that comes down to reveal your favorite holiday photos. Winter friends dance among the sparkly snowflakes and icicles. Bring your basic kit to class. With Grace on Saturday, 12/10 from 11am-Noon. $15
3) Staircase to Christmas: St. Nick makes his getaway just in time as eager children bound down the stairs to see what he has left them! This is a larger-than-normal 8-inch tall double-fold card. It comes with many colorful pre-cut pieces. Bring your basic kit to class. With Grace on Saturday, 12/10 from 1-2pm. $10
4) St. Nick's Photo Folio: This photo folio will be very handy in displaying more than a dozen of your favorite Christmas photos. It has a front pocket with an embellished tag-shaped booklet as well as two additional booklets on the inside pockets. A colorful waterfall element finishes this lovely keepsake album. Bring your basic kit to class. With Grace on Saturday, 12/10 from 2:15-4:15. $20
5) St. Nick's Tri-Step Jolly Tidings: This vintage-style piece has a center flap that lifts up with a jeweled handle to reveal a favorite photo and is nestled between two towers holding photo booklets that hold up to 8 additional photos. Bring your basic kit to class. With Grace on Sunday, 12/11 from 11am-Noon. $15
6) St. Nick's Photo Stand w/Cards: This cute little stand, embellished with a large poinsettia and pre-made bow, comes with 8 cards/photo booklets and room for many more. Bring your basic kit to class. With Grace on Sunday, 12/11 from 12:15-1:15pm. $15
7) St. Nick's Treasure Chest: A perfect place to keep small trinkets and Christmas treasures in 8 reinforced drawers with jeweled pulls and is topped with an easel card embellished with lace, a pre-made bow, pine cones and spruce branches. It's a great display/utility piece that any mother/sister/child or friend will fall in love with. Bring your basic kit to class. With Grace on Sunday, 12/11 from 1:30-3:30pm. $25
CSU CARD GROUP: This card-making group from CSU has decided to call Artsy home to its monthly gathering. They are a lovely group that is open to any of Artsy's customers who wish to join them. They will be meeting at our store on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. They create handmade cards to sell ast various venues throughout the year. The funds they raise go towards scholarships for non-traditional students. If you want to create but have enough cards lying around, consider joining this group or donating finished cards to them. What a great cause! Wednesday, 12/14 from 10am-2pm. FREE, but bring your basic kit.
ARTSY’S DECEMBER HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE!: Did you Miss our November Holiday Open House? Well, we had so much fun at the first one last month that we’re doing it again on Saturday, December 17th!! It’s perfect for the “Last Minute Shopper”! Spread the word, we are looking for vendors that have home-based businesses with products to sell. Perhaps you make jewelry, crochet scarves, or paint canvases, make albums or greeting cards, or have card/album kits or other crafty items you want to sell. This is a chance to showcase your talents! Artsy will host another Holiday Open House on Saturday, December 17th from 1-4. Call to reserve a place at one of the tables. There is no charge to display or to shop! Woohoo! Lots of Free Parking! We might even scrounge up some snacks and hot cider. YUM!!! On Saturday, 12/17 from 1-4pm. Registration is FREE, but required!
THE COFFEE BAR (AND CARD PARTY)!! Love coffee?? Then this is YOUR event! In this fabulous class we will make a boxed set of coffee themed cards - 8 cards total + the box! We will also be sampling 3 different coffees from Colorado Coffee Company in Loveland. You'll receive a nifty mug to take home AND there will be coffee cake...and probably cookies...and probably something else to eat!!! Bring your basic kit to class. With Patsy on Wednesday, December 28th from 1-4pm. $25
***Classes start promptly at the time listed. Please have your lovely buns in the seat and be ready to go! Showing up late is very disruptive to the class that is already in progress. Plan ahead for traffic or other things that might slow you down!
If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to get into another class. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will forfeit your class fee.
Classes must be paid for at the time of registration. You are not considered registered unless a class is paid for which could affect your seat in those classes with student limits. You may pay with cash, check or use a credit card with a $2 handling fee. You may register over the phone and mail in a check or give us a credit card number.
We also assume you're taking a class to enjoy a break for a few hours and learn some cool stuff without interruptions. That said, we will now begin each class by asking you to turn off your cell phones or silence them during class. This will enhance everyone's learnin' and enjoyment of the class at hand.
Thank you in advance for understanding. If you have problems or questions about these policy updates, please see Patsy.